All Friday night Shabbat Services are held at 7:30 pm, except for the 1st Friday of the month, which is at 7pm. Our Rabbi leads with assistance from our Cantorial Soloist, Leah Hepner Sills and our Organist, Steve Issacson. Our services include:
- First Friday of each month: a Family Service starting at 7pm, with participation by our Children’s Choir;
- Third Friday of each month: a Torah Service with participation by Temple members and our Adult Choir;
- Fourth Friday of each month: a healing service with poetry, meditation and contemplative prayers;
- Special Shabbat services are held throughout the year. They include services led by our Pre-K through 6th grade religious school students; our Sisterhood, Men’s Club and Youth Group; Boy and Girl School Shabbats; and Shabbat Across America;
- Friday evening summer Shabbat services are held outdoors on our terrace, incorporating the tranquil, scenic sun sets of the Hudson Valley;
Our Worship Committee has created our very own prayer books for the Family and Kabbalat Shabbat Services and services for Sukkot, Purim, Memorial Service, Bar/Bat Mitzvah Services, and Confirmation Service.
Oneg Shabbat: Our Shabbat services are uniquely designed for everyone. They bring us closer together as a family unit, and unite us as a Temple family and as a community, nurturing and strengthening our sense of Jewish identity. Each Shabbat service is followed by an Oneg Shabbat where all are invited to “break bread” and “schmooze”with one another amid an assortment of refreshments provided by temple members on a rotating basis.
Saturday Services: Bar and Bat Mitzvah services, open to all, are held on Saturday mornings or Saturday afternoons. Please refer to our calendar for dates and times. A Havdallah Service is often part of an afternoon Bar or Bat Mitzvah service.