Are you looking for a spiritual home? Please join us for a Shabbat Service and then stay for the Oneg (coffee and goodies), and talk to Temple members to learn more about our Temple family. Or come visit our school and let your children sit in on a class. Whether you are seeking a spiritual Home in a Reform Jewish Congregation for the first time, or looking to make a change, we would love to introduce you to Temple Beth Elohim.
Temple Beth Elohim is proud of our welcoming atmosphere, which makes our Temple a very special place. We have a Men’s Club, Sisterhood and Youth Groups, all of which provide the opportunity for participation in myriad activities. Our members live in a wide geographical area including Putnam, Westchester, and Dutchess counties in New York and Fairfield and Litchfield counties in Connecticut. We currently have 185 member families with 117 students in our Religious School. Our children attend approximately fifteen different school districts. Many of our families are in interfaith marriages, and the non-Jewish spouse is warmly welcomed.
The Temple, and especially the Rabbi, will become an integral part of major life-cycle events, both joyous and sorrowful, from birth to funerals, from namings to B’nei Mitzvah to weddings.
A Sampling of Temple Beth Elohim’s Offerings
* Shabbat Services on Friday evenings including a monthly Family Service with Children’s Choir, and a monthly Torah Service with Adult Choir
* High Holy Day Services with our Choir led by soloist, Leah Hepner and accompanied by organist, Steve Issacson
* Special services for each of the holidays throughout the year
* Children’s High Holy Day Services
* Full Religious School and Hebrew school including Tot Shabbat
* All life-cycle needs of Jewish families
* Bar and Bat Mitzvah education and services
* Adult Education
* Junior and Senior Youth Groups
* College Committee
* Men’s Club and Sisterhood
* Social Action Committee
* Judaica Shop
* The PJ Library
For a complete membership application packet or more information, please contact the Executive Director via email